Friday, March 19, 2010

A good taste of married life

Today was a good day - a good taste of married life (minus working and school, which will be returning far sooner than I want them to). Ben and I met our good friends Zach and Caitlin at Olive Garden for lunch, and treated them with the gift cards we were given (thanks Melissa!). We also went grocery shopping and picked up a wireless router so my laptop can connect to the internet. Ben got that all set up when we got home, and I continued to put things away. Our home is slowly becoming less and less cluttered, although I know we'll start the whole process over again this weekend after we open the rest of our wedding gifts.

I cooked a new recipe tonight, for the first time in our kitchen - chicken tostadas. I was nervous at first, because I wanted everything to be perfect. It took me a while, but it ended up being good, and Ben agreed. I told him not to be the husband who lies and says every meal I cook is fantastic; I'd hate to find out that he hates a certain food after being married for twenty years or something.

We still have to get my car washed... All of the typical "just married" stuff is still all over my windows.

No comments:

Post a Comment